In this article, we will discuss the best way to clean stove top. Oil splashes and splatters are common on the stove top. The problem is when they are cooked on then they quickly become unsightly. However, there are several ways to clean stove top easily. Follow the article for some great methods to clean stove top fast without any much effort.
Things you will need to Clean Stove Top:
- Dawn dish soap
- Baking soda
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Soft cloths
Steps to Clean Stove Top:
Steps to Follow:
- When the grease splatters cover the stove top then it is easier to tackle the fresh oils first.
- Now, you need a moisten sponge or soft. You can moisten the cloth with normal tap water.
- After that, add a small amount of dish soap and simply wipe down the surface of the stove top. If you do not have dawn dish shop then you can try another type of grease-fighting dish soap will work fine.
- Wash the sponge or cloth frequently to wipe away the entire residue. The dawn dish soap will easily cut through the grease allowing it to be removed completely.
- If the grease still not completely removed then you should try some other method. This time, baking soda will do the trick easily. You need to mix a paste with baking soda and water. Make sure you made a fine paste do not make the paste too light it should be tight enough to scrub the grease.
- Now, directly apply the paste to the greasy areas and then allow the paste to work on grease for at least half an hour before you rinse it off.
- After half an hour, scrub the areas using a soft cloth or sponge. Do not apply too much pressure while scrubbing as it will harm your stove top. If you are thinking what makes baking soda so effective in cleaning the stove then the answer is quite simple. It acts as a mild abrasive that can easily remove the greasy residue.
- You should wipe the excess baking soda while the grease is being removed away. The final step is to just wash and rinse the surface completely to get rid of any residue.
Additional Useful Tips and Advice You should keep in Mind While Cleaning Stove Top:
The Magic Eraser is a very special cleaning sponge that can remove many stains, and is also safe to use on most surfaces. It will give you extra advantage and power with the cleaning products to get the grease removed more quickly.
There are several other products also that will cut through burnt on grease. You can even pour Coca-Cola over the spots and allow it to set. The liquid will easily eat through the grease allowing it to be removed completely. Vinegar can also be useful as it is a mild acid to remove the burnt on grease.
You should avoid the use of any harsh abrasives such as brillo pads. The Cerama Bryte makes a product designed specifically for cleaning stove top and to remove grease stains from glass cooktops. You need to directly apply the cleaner. However, you should read the instruction on the label carefully to avoid and misuse. Once the grease becomes soften then wipe it away with a soft cloth. You should repeat until the grease is removed.