In this article, we will discuss simplest ways to clean suede couch. A suede couch looks sophisticated, but only as long you keep it neat and clean. Now, to maintain it clean for a long time you need to take proper measures with a regular quick cleaning and brushing. If your couch is new, then you can use a number of stain protectors that can be purchased from a local store. For older and dirtier couches you will require a more thorough cleaning techniques, few of them are suggested in this article. Read more, to know ways to clean a suede sofa.
Top Ways to Clean Suede Couch:
1. Thorough Vacuuming to Clean Suede Couch
Your first preference should be vacuuming before applying any hard core cleaning technique on your suede couch. You need to take proper protective measures and regular vacuuming from the point when the suede couch is newer. However, if you are thinking how to clean couch which is relatively older, then you need to vacuum first before any rigorous cleaning process. To properly clean Suede couch you need to vacuum in a cross fashion with the provided upholstery attachment. This is the best way to effectively clean suede couch.
2. Moist Cloth and Vinegar to Clean Suede Furniture
This is one of the most effective ways to remove stains from you suede couch. The method is not only effective but also simplest to implement. To implement this method dip a terry cloth in white vinegar and rub the stain. Do not rub the stain in a circular motion as it might end up darkening the stain. The best way to rub the stains is in a criss-cross manner.
3. Regular Dusting to Clean Suede Couch
Regular dusting is a lighter and effective way of cleaning your suede couch. It can help you keep your couch or sofa neat and clean for long. It is one of the most important parts of the whole cleaning process of a suede couch as without dusting you can’t clean couch. So, you need to be regular with dusting and this can be easily done with a normal dustier or cloth.
4. Put Clean Covers to Clean and Maintain Suede Furniture
It is essential to remove couch covers once in a while to eliminate paper bits or other stuff that may have been left out there. The cleaning process of your suede couch will be incomplete if you do not remove covers. You should also wash them every month as it is the best way to clean suede couch.
5. Suede Brush or Polish Cloth to Clean Suede Couch
This method is quite effective in removing the stain from your suede couch. You need to immediately rub the stained portion of the couch with the polish cloth or suede brush. Be make sure to not use water in excess as it may destroy the suede. Do not forget to vacuum the couch before using a suede brush or polish cloth. The vacuuming will remove small debris and dust.
6. Use Alcohol to Clean Suede Sofa
Alcohol dipped cloth is another method to clean suede couch. Soak a clean cloth in alcohol and simply rub the stain on the couch. The alcohol reacts with the stain in a completely different manner as compared to the vinegar. It will give you a better result while evaporating quickly. Do not use alcohol in excess as it may damage the suede.
7. Protective Sprays to Clean a Suede Couch
Using a protective spray to clean suede couch is one of the safest ways. This method is perfect for a new suede couch. Although, this method might not be promising but it will surely help you in preventing accidental spills.
8. Suede Shoe Cleaner to Clean a Microfiber Couch
If nothing works from the list of remedies, without thinking much get suede shoe cleaner. This product will definitely help you. It is designed to clean the thick suede shoes that is quite similar to the suede couch or sofa. All you have to do is read the instructions, how to use it from the back of it and use accordingly.
Things to Remember to Clean and Maintain Suede Furniture:
- Clean the couch as soon as the something spills over. This will prevent the occurrence of stubborn stain. Immediately rub it with a solution of water and vinegar.
- Before starting the entire process to clean suede couch read the manufacturer’s instruction thoroughly. It will help to know what all types of products you can use to clean and maintain the upholstery.
- Avoid using strong and heavy cleansers. They might ruin your furniture. Instead use light couch cleaners. It will not damage the texture of the fabric and help you to remove the stain completely.
- Before trying odd and even remedy give a shot to the solution of vinegar and alcohol. It can clean every sort of stain.
- To prevent the stain keep the place well ventilated and do not keep the chemicals around since they can anytime spill over.
- After cleaning your furniture, do give it a sufficient time to dry completely. 10-12 hours will be sufficient for a furniture to dry.
- While using a spray to clean suede couch maintains the distance of 6-8 inches between the spray and the couch.