It is not the simplest tasks to have your house clean and tidy all day. It requires expertise and hard work to keep the house clean. Wooden floors are particularly delicate to clean since you have to shield the floor from any damage from the cleaning lotions. Hence, it’s sensible to use home remedies to clean wood floors as it is more useful than using chemical lotions. Also, you have to be quite careful while applying these chemical cleaners in the house as they can be dangerous for young children and small offspring. In this article, we have mentioned a few home remedies to clean wood floors. They are simple to make, simple to apply and safe for the people staying in the house, particularly for small children.
Tips to Clean Wood Floors
1.) Essential Oil to Clean Wood Floors
Steps to Use Essential Oil:
- Essential oil like peppermint oil, coconut oil, lavender oil is quite useful to clean wood floors.
- It also helps to remove kill the germs and pathogens present on the wood floors.
- Add a cup of vinegar and around ten drops of lavender essential oil in a spray bottle.
- Fill the remaining bottle with warm water as it is one of the simplest remedies to clean wooden floor.
- Do not soak the floor with too much of liquid, but simply spray lightly.
- Wait for a few minutes and use mop to rub the stains.
- Rub slowly to remove the stains out of the wood floors.
- Follow the same method if some stains are still left.
2.) Soap Water to Clean Wood Floors
Steps to Use Soap Water:
- Soap water helps to take away all the dust and stains out of the wood floors.
- Add a little dish soap and half cup of vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Add some water in it to form a liquid solution.
- It is an effective cleaning lotion among other remedies to clean wood floors.
- Spray lightly on the stain areas of the wood floors.
- Let it rest for a few minutes on the stains to clean it.
- Rub gently to remove the stains out of wood floors.
- Repeat the steps to remove the remaining stains.
3.) Tea to Clean Wood Floors
Steps to Use Tea:
- Tea is drink to metabolize our digestive system and boost our immunity.
- It is also an important home remedy to clean wood floors.
- It removes the stains from hardwood floor quite easily.
- Take some water in a pan with two to three tea bags in it.
- Boil the water in the pan with tea bags in them.
- In a spray bottle, pour the liquid solution.
- Spray on the wooden floor to clean it.
- Scrub the floor slowly to take away all the stains out of it.
4.) Alcohol to Clean Wood Floors
Steps to Use Alcohol:
- Alcohol helps to reduce the stain in one application and remove it completely in other application.
- Add some alcohol in lukewarm water and spray it on the stains.
- Now, mop the wooden floor to take away the stains completely.
- After that, mop the wooden floor with tap water.
- This is one of the easiest home remedies to clean wooden floor.
5.) Baking Soda to Clean Wood Floors
Steps to Use Baking Soda:
- Baking soda helps to eliminate the scratches and dust from the wood floors fast.
- Wooden floors are quite prone to scratch marks and to get rid of them, scatter some baking soda on them.
- After some time, spray the solution of vinegar, essential oil and water on it.
- The reaction will release a fizz for some time and rub away the scratch marks with a mop.
6.) Castile Soap to Clean Wood Floors
Steps to Use Castile Soap:
- Castile soap reduces the effect of dust and dirt particle on the wood floors.
- Add a spoon of castile soap in a bucket of water.
- Stir it well using the mop and remove the extra water out of the mop.
- Sweep the whole wooden surface to remove the dirt particles and foot marks.
- Follow the same method to clean wood floors daily.
- Dry clean also helps to eliminate dirt and dust particles from the surface of the wood floors.
- The pet hair is also taken away by using a broom from the wood floor. The disadvantage of this dry clean is that it doesn’t have the tendency to take away the tough stains.