Many women love to show off the glamorous and sexy look of long acrylic nails. These acrylic nails are held close to your natural nail with super glue. When they start increasing out or appear thick with too much nail polish, it’s time to remove them off. Read the article below, to learn the basic methods to get acrylic nails off. Instead of going to a parlor or calling a professional to get acrylic nails off, learn from these basic methods. The methods written here are cheap and easy to apply. Don’t waste your hard-earned money by going to a parlor, instead follow these methods. Read more, to know ways to remove acrylic nails with common household items.
Methods to Get Acrylic Nails Off:
1. Nail Polish Remover Or Acetone to Get Acrylic Nails Off
Steps to Follow:
- To get acrylic nails off, first, you start by cutting down your acrylic nails as little as possible without damaging your skin. This will make the job easier and quicker as there is small acrylic nail left to work with.
- Take a small glass bowl of nail polish remover before trying any chemical lotions or liquid on your hands.
- Take a nail buffer for your nails to take away the shine from your nails.
- Rub around your nail many times, in a particular manner, and not to buffer only one spot.
- Wipe off the dust once you are done with this part.
- Apply some amount of petroleum jelly in a thin coat form around the skin that is only touching the nail bottom in order to save your skin from the nail polish remover. Apply in large quantity if required as a bit too much of petroleum jelly is better than too little.
- Soak your nails in the bowl of nail polish remover while waiting for the glue to bind your acrylic nail. Soak until your natural nail bed becomes quite visible. This method can take around ten to fifteen minutes.
- When you observe that the acrylic nail has turned into jelly and mushy like form after a few minutes then remove your fingers from the bowl of nail polish remover.
- Slowly try to take out the acrylic nail from your natural nail without hurting yourself.
- Never remove your acrylic nails in a forceful manner as it can cause infection.
- Once you have an infection in your nails, it will take months to get back in the normal shape. Never rush the process of removing acrylic nails.
- Once you have got acrylic nails off, clean your hands thoroughly with water.
- Cleaning with water also helps to remove the acetone nail polish remover and petroleum jelly from your fingers.
- For any remaining glue on your finger nail use a buffer to clean it.
- Apply some olive oil to your nails and rub gently into your nails and fingers.
- Olive oil will help to moisturize your nails after being dried out by the method of removing acrylic nails.
2. Floss to Get Acrylic Nails Off
Floss is a simple way to get acrylic nails off. For this method you require someone help to perform this. As it is a faster method as it saves a lot of time. This method is not recommended for those people who suffer from peeling or weak nails.
Steps to Follow:
- Take a metal nail buffer to find the edge at the cuticle end of your nail.
- Make enough space there that you can push the dental floss below the acrylic nail.
- Use about dental floss wrapped around the index finger of your closed one on both hand.
- Push the floss under the space you just created.
- Make sure you don’t force anything hard. As it will cause serious injury and pain. A lot of pain when it comes to nails.
- The other person should use a slicing motion and slightly pull in the direction of the end of the nail cuticle.
- The acrylic nail should pop off.
- Use nail buffer or clippers to rub the edges of nails to make them smooth.
- Buff your nails slowly with a good quality nail buffer, rub from the base of the nail to the top.
- Always rub in one direction only, to avoid damaging your nails, and never use a sewing gesture.
- The topmost layers of your nails may have been taken away with the acrylic.
- Be alert about the damage or tear you can get while buffing them.
3. Take Off Acrylic Nails with Hot Water
If you want to take off fake nails without acetone or dental floss then try hot water technique. This is one of the easiest and convenient way to remove acrylic nails.
Steps to Follow:
- In a bowl take warm water. The water should be warm enough, to use.
- Dip your nails in the hot water. Keep the nails in the water until the fake nails start chipping off. It will swell and that will be an indication for you, it is ready to remove.
- Take a toothpick and pry up the fake nail with it. Do not exert pressure on the toothpick while doing this, this could tear your natural nail as well. Pry it under the edge of the nail and then scratch the acrylic nail. Repeat this with every nail. Meanwhile, the water will get cool, so refill the bowl with the warm water again.
- Once you are done with prying and removing the acrylic nail with the toothpick, use a nail file to shape your nails.
- Then remove your nails from the water and apply a Vaseline or a cuticle moisturiser on the nail bed.