After writing how to get sharpie out of clothes?, we will discuss the tips to get acrylic paint out of clothes. Adults don’t come in contact with the acrylic paint as much that the children come in. Children use acrylic paint during their art lesson in the school and camps. Some children use them at home to do some sort of art work. Children’s don’t use it wisely and paint get on their clothes. Then the problem starts for the parents to remove them out of clothes. Paint stains are pretty rare in reputation as it have both a good and a bad. Water-based acrylic paints have a good reputation. These acrylic paints can be cleaned under cold running water like the water-based inks. The results of cleaning the wet acrylic paint are quite fast. Oil-based paints have a worse reputation not like the water based paints. Oil-based are more difficult to remove. It is important to know which kind of the paint; the kids are using in their art classes. Most children’s in art classes will use acrylic paints. These acrylic paints come in the middle of oil-based paints and water-based. Acrylic paints are water-based, but when they get dry they create a plastic layer that makes paint stains much difficult to remove.
Methods to Get Acrylic Paint Out of Clothes
1.) Wet Acrylic Paint
If your children spill paint on their clothes in the school, try to remove that paint stain as quickly as possible. If you delay then the plastic layer will get form. It behaves quite similar to the water-based paint when it is still wet. At this stage it is easy to remove it quite fast from the clothes using the washing technique. Follow the steps to get acrylic paint out of clothes.
- Remove as much paint as you can from your children cloth. It is easy to remove by holding the paint stain under running water until the acrylic paint fades considerably. You could also immerse the clothing in a tub of cold water for a similar result.
- When the water running from the cloth is without the paint, you can tackle any remaining paint stain through a pre-treatment made for the stain removal.
- Laundry detergent can remove several types of paint stains on clothes.
- They easily remove full stains of blue and yellow acrylic washable paint. These are some of the difficult colors to get out of the clothes of white color.
- To avoid setting the acrylic paint stain in high temperature, wash in the washing machine at a moderate temperature of 30 degrees or less.
- Always use a good quality laundry detergent powder to make sure that your children’s clothes become like new and fresh one.
2.) Dry Acrylic Paint
It is not always possible to remove paint stains at the same time when it is spilled on the cloth. Once the paint get dries, a plastic layer is formed. This layer makes quite difficult for us to remove them out of clothes. Read the steps to get acrylic paint out of clothes.
- When acrylic paint becomes old it is quite difficult to remove them.
- To remove them out of clothes, just apply an alcohol-based stuff to loose down the hard bonds in the plastic layer of the paint.
- Rubbing alcohol, alcohol-based hairspray or any nail varnish removers all work quite well.
- Rub the alcohol on the stain with a cloth in such a way that you start to see some of the color of the acrylic paint shifting from the fabric to the cloth having alcohol.
- Always be sure to test on the hidden area first.
- If the plastic layer has been removed, you can carry on as above tips by using an earlier treatment like, followed by washing in the washer with a good laundry detergent at 30 degrees or less.