After writing how to get sharpie out of clothes?, we will discuss the best way to get grease out of clothes. Grease stains are the common problem and happen to us all. However, grease stains can be easily removed by just using household items. Hot water is the main ingredient to getting rid of grease stains, but always checks the labels on the clothing first as materials like wool and silk can’t withstand higher temperatures. However, there are many quick and easy ways to clean delicate clothing. Read more, to know different ways to get grease stains out of clothes.
Top Ways to Get Grease Out of Clothes:
1. Baby Powder to Get Grease Out of Clothes
Baby powder is a quite effective home remedy to get rid of grease stains on clothes easily. You need to dab the grease stain with some baby powder using a powder puff. Rub the stain with baby powder will and then remove and brush off the extra or excess powder. Continue the process until the grease stain is completely fainted.
2. Laundry Detergent to Get Grease Out of Clothes
Laundry detergent is a great ingredient to remove grease stains out of clothes. You should use liquid biological detergent, like mighty bio and Persil small to the stain and rub gently. You need to take care of your item while adjusting the hottest setting for your fabric. Do not put fabric to dry before the stain has been completely removed. If the stain is still there, repeat the stain removal process.
3. Baking Soda to Get Grease Out of Clothes
Baking soda is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of grease stain naturally. If you have baking soda with you then you can easily say good-bye to grease stains from your stove top or backslash. You put a little bit of water on the grease stain and then cover the stain with baking soda. Now, gently rub the area with a damp sponge or towel. Alternatively, you can use baking soda in your dishwashing liquid; it will break down grease on dirty dishes.
4. Chalk to Get Grease Out of Clothes
Here, is an expected solution for grease stain, chalk. Do not worry it is not any special type of chalk, you need a normal white color chalk used to write on the blackboard. Chalk has properties to absorb grease stain from the clothing or table linens. You need to simply rub the chalk on the stain and allow it to absorb the oil before you brush it off. You can repeat the process several times if the stain still persists.
5. Cornstarch to Get Grease Out of Clothes
Cornstarch is yet another very useful home remedy to get rid of the grease stain. You simply need to sprinkle it onto a soft cloth and then rub the greasy spot gently until it completely disappears. It is also great for the family room: sprinkle it on the carpet grease spots with and allow it sit for several hours. Then, vacuum up and the stain should be gone.
6. Salt to Remove Oil Stains from Clothes
Salt has a natural ability to remove greasy stains easily from your clothes. You need to blend one part of salt to four parts rubbing alcohol and then simply rub it hard on the grease stains. You should be careful while rubbing in the direction of the rug’s natural nap.
7. Talcum Powder to Get Grease Out of Clothes
Talcum powder can also be really effective in removing grease stain out of clothes. You only need talcum powder along with patience to remove grease stains. Cover the affected area with the powder and wait at least six hours to absorb the grease. Baking soda, cornstarch, or cornmeal may be substituted for the talcum powder.
8. Dishwashing Detergent to Get Grease Stains Out of Clothes
It is always recommended to use laundry detergent for cleaning clothes. However, to remove stubborn stains you can use a dishwashing detergent especially when you spill cooking oil in the kitchen. Lay out the fabric and make a layer of a diluted solution of a dishwashing liquid like Persil Washing Liquid on the stain. Now, using your fingers, gently rub the detergent into the fabric. The stain will start dissolving immediately as most dishwashing liquids are able to absorb grease directly. Rinse the washing liquid off, and wash normally using laundry detergent.
Steps to Remove Grease Stains Out Of Clothes:
- Rub dish soap on the stain. You can also prepare a detergent solution ( in a bucket pour water and mix detergent to it. The rub a laundry or soft tooth bristled toothbrush on the stain. Rub it until the stain is removed completely. Make sure the soap you use should be colorless.
- In a bucket pour hot water and dip the fabric into it. Leave it in for a few minutes.
- Before doing so check the instructions tag of your garment. If it does not allow you to use warm water, you can use cold water instead.
- If you don’t want to dip the entire fabric then simply dip the stained area.
- After a few minutes remove the fabric or garment from the water and rinse it under room temperature running water.
- Check the stained area, whether it still has a stain or not. If the stain is still there repeat the entire process.
- If the stain is completely removed then hang your fabric or garment to let it dry.