After writing how to get sharpie out of clothes?, we will discuss the best way to get mold out of clothes and clean mold. The main reason for mold growth is leaving your clothes in a damp area for a few days or more. You should hang washed clothes on the line or dry them in the dryer as soon as you can. The clothes that are washed and left wet for a day can easily acquire mold in few days. Read more, to know ways to get mold out of fabric.
Methods to Get Mold Out of Clothes:
1. Bleach to Get Mold Out of Clothes
A well-known method to remove mold from clothes and fabric is by simply washing them with bleach. It also helps to fades away the stains. However, do the patch test before using it on the clothes directly.
- Put your clothes in the washing machine along with the laundry detergent.
- Once the machine is ready to start, add half spoon of bleach in the washing machine.
- When the machine completes washing, take your cloth out and rinse it.
- Soak your clothes in a bucket full of water.
- Mix it thoroughly and add bleach in the bucket. Add quantity of the bleach as prescribed on the package of the bleach.
- Leave the clothes in a bucket for 3-4 hours.
- At last wash the clothes with detergent as you would normally wash your clothes.
2. Borax to Get Mold Out of Clothes
Borax is considered as a natural mold killer. For this purpose either get a laundry soap that has borax or add borax powder into the bucket while washing the clothes. This will help you to get rid of the stains from the fabric.
- Add you clothes and laundry detergent in the washing machine.
- On the other hand, mix a half cup of borax in the water.
- Then add this borax solution into the machine and switch it on.
3. Vinegar to Get Mold Out of Clothes
Vinegar is yet another effective remedy to get rid of mold from clothing. It is capable of killing about 82% of all mold species and that is why it is widely used.
- To use vinegar as a mold killing agent you need to add two cups white vinegar to the washing machine while washing moldy clothes.
- Repeat the process if it is needed.
4. Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Mold Out of Fabric
It is really effective in removing mold from cloth. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work perfectly in removing mold on clothes. Before using it to eliminate mold you need to follow the directions on the products you buy.
- Prepare a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- With the help of the laundry, brush rub this paste over the stain. Rub it until the mold is not removed.
- Then wash it with the detergent as you would wash your clothes generally.
5. Detergent to Get Mold Out of Clothes
There are some mold killing detergents that can help you treat the problem naturally. The thing is normal washing detergents are enough to kill mold and clean your clothes. You can use specific mold killing detergents like Oxiclean and Clorox.
- In a bucket add warm water and mold killing detergents.
- Soak your clothes in it for 1 hour.
- At last rinse it thoroughly.
6. Lemon Juice to Get Mold Out of Clothes and Fabric
Lemon juice can effectively help you to get rid of mold out of clothes. It is considered as a natural bleach. It removes the stains and gives you clean fabric.
- You need to simply apply lemon juice on the mold stain on your clothing.
- You can also sprinkle some common salt on it too for extra effectiveness.
- Leave the clothes in direct sunlight until it dries out and then, rinse them and then launder as usual.
7. Tea Tree Oil to Remove Mold
Tea tree oil to remove mold is one of the most effective methods. This method is not only effective but inexpensive too. You need a small amount of tea tree oil to get rid of mold. Tea tree oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties to kill all types of molds.
- Take a spray bottle and add one teaspoon of tea tree oil per one cup of water.
- Then, simply spray the solution on the moldy surface.
- Do not rinse the surface after the application of tea tree oil solution to prevent them from returning.
8. Dry Cleaning to Remove Molds from Clothes and Fabric
Dry cleaning is yet another great method to kill mold. It can kill mold without any application of mold killing products. It works effectively due to the heating that has used during the dry cleaning process.