In this article, we will discuss different ways to get super glue off skin, fingers and glasses. Sometimes it can happen that a substance such as super glue sticks to your skin. You try to get rid of it, but you are not able to. Some of you may even choose to leave it as it is so that it clears up on its own over a period of time. Super Glue is one of the strongest adhesives that you will ever come across. It bonds really quickly and removing it from your skin becomes an almost impossible task.
A small amount of super glue is capable of holding more than one ton of weight. Such kind of bond is generally used to fix broken furniture, broken cups, and other items. While using the super glue to fix equipment like these, you may accidentally stick it on your skin. Fortunately, there are several methods to get super glue off fingers, skin, and glasses.
Ways to Get Super Glue Off Skin, Fingers, and Glasses:
1. Acetone to Get Super Glue Off Skin and Glasses
Steps to Use Acetone for Skin :
- Soak your affected skin in warm soapy water as soon as you get super glue on your skin. This will help soften the glue fast. You can also add some cool vinegar. Try to loosen the glue from your skin by moving the affected part slowly. In case it doesn’t work, pat your skin dry and carry on with the next step.
- Take an acetone nail polish remover and rub it on the super glue affected skin area.
- It will start peeling off easily. Avoid using a cotton swab, as it may react aggressively with cyanoacrylate.
- Do not apply this method on sensitive areas like lips, nose, eyes, or near an open wound.
- Let the affected area dry and then using a nail emery board, remove the glue gently. Remember! Do not remove your skin along with the glue too.
- In case you have a plenty of super glue on your hands, you can scrub it with a pumice stone soaked in warm water.
- Allow it to peel off on its own.
Steps to Use Acetone for Glasses:
- Clean the glass with the paper towel and glass cleaner. Dry the glass with the paper towel.
- Dip the paper towel into the acetone and use it to wipe off the glass. Leave it on for a few minutes.
- After the given time scrap the adhesive of the glue with the single edged razor blade.
2. Salt to Get Super Glue Off Skin and Fingers
Steps to Use Salt :
- Put some salt on your finger or skin. The quantity of the salt depends on the amount of glue stick to your skin. For this job table salt is best. However, you can use sea salt or any fine grain salt but avoid using harsh salt.
- Now, add some warm water over the salt. Mix it thoroughly. For effective results use lemon juice instead.
- Once you have mixed the paste, rub it thoroughly on the skin. Gently rub your fingers until the glue breaks down and removes completely.
- While rubbing you can add more water and salt, if needed.
- Continue rubbing your fingers or skin until the superglue comes off completely.
- You can use the mixture of salt and olive oil to get super glue off.
- Instead of water, of water, you can add acetone as well in salt to remove the glue.
- A mixture of salt, laundry detergent and water is also a nice solution to remove the super glue from fingers and skin.
3. Warm Compress and Soapy Solution to Get Super Glue off Skin and Fingers
Steps to Use Warm Water and Soap:
- Wash your skin and fingers with warm water first.
- Mix together a sufficient amount of warm water and soap.
- Put the affected part of your skin into the water. Allow it to soak for a couple of minutes.
- Next, peel off the glue and rinse it to make sure all the super glue is gone.
- Use a warm compress to remove the superglue off the skin or finger.
- Then wash your fingers or skin with warm water.
4. Petroleum Jelly to Get Super Glue Off Fingers and Skin
Steps to Use Petroleum Jelly
- Wash your fingers or the affected skin with soapy water or warm water.
- Apply a generous amount of petroleum jelly on the affected skin or fingers.
- Massage petroleum jelly on the skin for a few minutes, until the glue, is removed completely. This will prevent and heal any damage to the skin as well.
- Repeat this process and later dry your hands.
- If you do not petroleum jelly, you can use Vaseline ,a lip balm or a hand lotion instead. Check the content present in the item you are going to use as a substitute of petroleum jelly before using it.
5. White Spirit to Get Super Glue Off Skin
Steps to Use White Spirit:
- You can use some clear spirit which is also known as a white spirit to remove super glue from skin.
- For this, simply apply a fine amount of white spirit on a clean tissue or cloth.
- Then rub it on the super-glue affected skin area.
- You can also rub it with an emery board. It will help the spirit loosen the glue fast.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly after application.
- White Spirit acts as a mild irritant, so avoid keeping it on your skin for long. Also, avoid breath in the fumes.
6. Vodka to Remove Super Glue from the Finger
Steps to Use Vodka:
- Pour a sufficient amount of vodka in a glass.
- Soak your affected fingers in it for about 15 minutes until get loose.
- Next, rub the affected skin on the inside of the vodka glass.
- Rub it vigorously.
- Now take a handful of table salt and wrap the salted hand around your finger (one at a time).
- You will notice some layers getting peeled after your rinse and dry your finger with a towel.
7. Margarine to Remove Super Glue from the Skin and Glasses
Steps to Use Margarine:
- If you have sensitive skin, you can try margarine get super glue off the skin.
- Simply, rub a small amount of margarine on the affected area.
- Rub it continuously until the super glue can be peeled away easily.
8. Laundry Detergent to Get Super Glue Off Fingers and Glasses
Steps to Use Laundry Detergent:
- Combine a sufficient amount of liquid laundry detergent and hot water.
- If you want to remove the glue from a small area like your fingers, take 1/4 cup laundry detergent and mix it with a cup of hot water.
- Rub and soak your fingers for around 20 minutes. In this much time, the super glue should get loose enough to get off the skin.
9. WD40 to Get Super Glue Off Skin
Steps to Use WD40:
- In case the acetone evaporates too quickly and is not able to soften the super glue, you can try mixing 1 part of acetone in 1 part of WD-40.
- If you want it to stay at the spot for long periods of time or on some vertical surfaces, you can mix in some petroleum jelly. Just apply a thick coat of this mixture and let it work on the skin.
10. Vegetable Oil to Get Super Glue Off Skin
Steps to Use Vegetable Oil:
- Take some vegetable in the bowl.
- Dip a washcloth in the bowl.
- Rub the washcloth on your skin in order to remove super glue.
- You can also use baby oil or almond oil instead.