In this article, we will discuss the best way to clean a pipe. Getting resin and gunk out of your pipe is remarkably easy and affordable. You just need a little grit and patience and then you will have your piece sparkling clear in no time. Follow this article to know the best technique to clean a pipe using simple household objects.
Methods to Clean a Pipe:
1.) Cleaning a Tobacco Pipe
Steps to Follow:
- Let the pipe cool completely and empty out the ash and any remaining tobacco from the bowl. You can do this by a special scoop just for this purpose.
- Now, remove the mouthpiece, this may require a slight tug.
- Properly clean the stem and run pipe cleaner back and forth through the stem. This will help in deep cleaning.
- To clean the shank, you need to run a pipe cleaner back and forth where the stem connects and down into the bowl.
- You can use a cleaning solution but this is a completely optional step. Now, if you have decided to use a cleaning solution then stuff a paper towel into the bowl. This will prevent the extra fluid from running out of your pipe.
- Clean the bowl gently and double a pipe cleaner then gently run it around the sides and bottom. You may want to remove some of the built up slug on the sides but not all. Alternatively, you can also use Q-tips if you want to.
- Clean the rim. Get some spit on a Q-tip and rub it firmly around the rim to clean any residue off of there.
- Shine your pipe with olive oil. Some people think this is necessary, others don’t like it. Do whatever you prefer.
- Clean your pipe regularly. Don’t leave it until it gets really awful: clean your pipe regularly.
2.) Cleaning a Marijuana Pipe
Steps to Follow:
- To clean a marijuana pipe you need to pour salt into the bowl and mouthpiece. You should use Epsom salt as it is recommended but table salt also works too.
- Put the pipe in a container that is as close as possible to the size of the pipe. Do no use cheap quality container as it should be fairly sturdy because you will be putting chemicals or hot water into it.
- Now, pour in some cleaning solution. The question is which cleaning solution will work better, the answer is rubbing alcohol. You can also go with white vinegar or Listerine by mixing it with very hot water. Choose according to your wish and pour the mix into the container.
- Simply, place your pipe in the mixture. Posh it around and let it soak for about five minutes.
- Take it out of the cleaning solution and rinse the pipe with hot water. Clean off leftover residue. Use pipe cleaners, paper towels, and Q-tips to remove any remaining residue.
- If you are not satisfied with the cleaning then repeat as necessary. If you haven’t cleaned your pipe in a long time, it will take two rounds of the process before it is completely clean. The regularly cleanup will avoid this problem.
3.) Warm Water to Clean a Glass Pipe
Warm water can be really effective in cleaning a glass pipe. You can easily knock out any lingering gunk or ash. You should do a basic cleaning by knocking out lose resin sing a cotton swab. Now, simply rinse the pipe out with warm water. Make sure to not use cold water before apply warm water as the temperature change can break the glass. Place glass pipe in boiling water, the level of water should be enough to cover the piece. While water is evaporating, make sure you keep an eye such that your pipe doesn’t end up alone in a hot pan. Allow the pipe to soak for twenty minutes in simmering water. Now, remove the pot from heat and drain out hot water. Note; do not try to pour cold water after removing it from the hot pan as it will shatter the glass.
4.) Use Cleansers to Clean Pipe
You can easily get multipurpose cleaners to clean a pipe at home. Here are few items you will need for the cleaning process:
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
You need to mix baking soda with any of the liquids and clean a pipe easily at home. Similarly, you can also add some salt if you wish. Now, you just need to follow the simple steps to clean your pipe by using the above liquid cleaners. Now, pour some of the liquid in the opening of a pipe. Slowly, place the long metallic rope into the pipe to clean it. This will help get rid of dirt and resin from the pipe that got stuck in the drain.