In this article, we will discuss how to clean a TV screen? Some of the TV manufacturers suggest that one should use a custom-made LCD/plasma cleaners to clean a TV screen. But, such cleaner are usually very expensive. In fact, if you read the label on most of these special cleaning solutions, you will notice that their main ingredient is generally just water. So instead of spending your hard-earned money for something which is completely unnecessary, we recommend you making your own simple solution using a combination of water and isopropyl alcohol. This is probably the most inexpensive solution you can come by and it works excellent. It’s very gentle and is completely safe to use on your TV screen. Below are five easy steps that can help you clean a TV screen.
Steps to Clean a TV Screen
Things You Will Need:
- Distilled water
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Q-tips (optional)
- 2 pieces of a soft and lint-free cloth. We suggest you use some form of microfiber.
- Measuring cup or a shot glass to measure equal quantities.
5 Easy Steps to Clean your LCD or Plasma TV Screen
1.) First you will need to switch off your TV and allow it to get cool down. You will need to wait until it is no longer warm to the touch before you start cleaning process.
2.) Now, start with dusting the screen to get rid of any dirt and dust particles. Simply, wipe the screen using a soft and lint-free cloth to get rid of dust.
3.) Next, you will need to prepare a gentle mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Using your measuring cup add equal parts of water and alcohol. Make sure the solution is not more than half alcohol or else it may damage the delicate screen of your TV.
4.) After that, you will need to dip your microfiber cloth in the solution. Then wring it out to remove excess water from it. Make sure the cloth is just damp and not wet. Now, wipe with the damp cloth over the screen of your TV. Be gentle while wiping and move the cloth in circular motion with a gentle pressure.
5.) Now, as your TV screen is free of dirt, dust and smudges, it is time to dry it. For drying, take a clean, soft and lint-free cloth like microfiber. Use this dry microfiber cloth to make your LCD or plasma TV screen free of moisture. Make sure you don’t leave any moisture on it. It is best that you don’t switch on your TV for a couple of hour. In this much time it will dry naturally.
Tips to Remember:
- If the bezel of your TV is making it difficult to clean the corners and area around the edges of the display, you can use a Q-tip after dampening with the solution. This will help get rid of the hard-to-reach areas.
- Always make sure that you use the right chemical to clean a TV screen. Always avoid using acetone, ammonia, ethyl alcohol, toluene, ethyl acid, or methyl chloride. You can surely use isopropyl alcohol.
- Always use a clean microfiber cloth. This is because tiny hard particles can be present inside the cloth fibers, which is old. Such cloth can leave scratches on your TV screen.
- Always use a damp cloth and not wet. This is because the drops can damage the coating of your TV screen.
- Avoid using Windex or any other glass cleaners. Such types of products usually contain ammonia which is not good for your TV screen.
- Avoid using paper towels. Such paper towels leave behind tiny bits of paper which can mess up your display rather than cleaning it.