In this article, we will discuss how to clean carpet? Whether it is a coffee stains you have on your light-colored carpet, or there are some crayon color marks made by your kid, or even a build-up of day-to-day dust and dirt, all carpets require a little care and maintenance every now and then. Many home owners find carpet cleaning a tedious task. This is because it involves moving your heavy furniture here and there and also you need to wait for the fibers to get dry. No one wants carpet cleaning to be a so difficult task. So, if you are wondering as to how to clean carpet with ease, you have come to the right place. Here you will find a few quick and simple ways to get rid of stubborn stains and lingering smells from your carpet. Just follow the instruction as mentioned and you will see how easy it is to clean a carpet.
Methods to Clean Carpet
1.) Applying Powder Carpet Cleaner to Clean Carpet
Using powder carpet cleaner is an excellent way to get rid of stains from your carpet. It is a best and easiest method for keeping your carpet dirt and dust free. Here are the directions you need to follow:
- Take a good powder carpet cleaner. You can buy one from your local market or you can order it online.
- Now, sprinkle the powder evenly over the carpet, especially where you notice most of the dust and dirt.
- Late the powder to sit for a minimum time of 30 minutes. You can also leave it overnight if possible.
- Leaving the powder like this will help softening the stains and reducing the odors.
2.) Vacuuming the Powder to Clean Carpet
After you are finished with the application of carpet for sufficient amount of time, you will need to get rid of powder in order to see the effect of it.
- Using your vacuum cleaner, soak up all the powder that you sprinkled over the carpet.
- Make sure you reach everywhere without leaving any residue.
- Now you can see that there are no signs of dirt and marks on your carpet.
- In case you find some marks still lingering on your carpet, simply repeat the process again.
3.) Carpet Shampoo to Clean Carpet
Carpet shampoo is another very popular method to clean your carpets easily and efficiently. There are many brands of carpet shampoo available in the market. So, make sure you buy the right product for your situation. And remember to follow the instructions on the label.
- Make up a solution as instructed on the packaging of your carpet shampoo. In most of the cases, you will need to dilute the product with water.
- Make just enough solution you require to cover the area.
- Remember! Do not try to make the carpet too wet. This will not only waste of detergent, but it is also going to take a lot of time for drying.
- After application, scrub on the specific stubborn areas with the help of a hard-bristled brush.
- Allow the carpet to get dry completely.
- Finally vacuum the shampoo after it has dried totally.
- Repeat the process as needed.
4.) Natural Cleaning Products to Clean Carpet
If you would like to go for some natural carpet cleaning products, there are numerous everyday household ingredients which can help accomplish the task.
- Most of the people use soda water or tonic water to get rid of coffee stains from the carpet.
- You can also use salt for removing dirt or soaking up any fresh stains.
- Also, you can go for baking soda in a similar fashion like we mentioned for powder carpet cleaner. It helps absorb those unbearable smells lingering among the fibers.
- NOTE: Whenever you use a new cleaning method or item, it is always suggested that you do a test on a small area first.
5.) Some Other Carpet Stain Remover Methods
- For some isolated stains, it is always suggested that you get rid of them as soon as possible. This is because; once they get dried it becomes very difficult to remove them.
- Remember! Never try to wipe any stains. Instead you can blot them using a damp cloth to prevent them from smudging or penetrating deeper into the carpet.
- For sticky stains such as gum, simply harden it using an ice cube before scraping it off.
- For smelly stains, you will need to mix equal parts of vinegar and warm water. Apply this paste onto the area using a cloth.