In this article, we will discuss how to clean glasses? Glasses are prone to getting accumulated with dust and natural oils from your face, eyelashes, and hands forming a sticky layer of dirt and grime on the lenses. This leads in giving you a blurry vision through the lenses and you find the most convenient way to get rid of this buildup is by wiping it off using the corner of your t-shirt. However, you may not notice but your t-shirt also gets covered with particles of dust which can scratch the lenses while you try to clean them by wiping. Hence, you should look for better ways to clean glasses. The ideal way is to clean them using lens cleaning solution.
Fortunately, you don’t need to rely on expensive lens cleaners as using a mild soap is quite enough for the task. Additionally, as per the American Optometric Association (AOA) you should clean glasses on regular basis, preferably in the morning. Below we have mentioned step by step guidance as to how to clean glasses. Follow the instruction regularly to keep the condition of your glasses fit and fine.
Steps to Clean Glasses
- To clean glasses, begin by rinsing your eyeglasses under warm running water. Make sure it not too hot and not too cool.
- Now, you will need to put a few drop of dishwashing liquid or hand soap on each of the lens. Do not over pour it.
- Next, after adding soap liquid, rub the lenses using your fingers. Rub on both sides of each lens. Rub it until it forms much lather for cleaning.
- Then, rinse the eyeglasses again under the warm running water to wash off the soap entirely.
- After washing the lenses, rinse the glass frame and ear pieces as well in the similar fashion.
- You would have noticed that the nose pads of your eyeglasses tend to accumulate a lot of dirt and grime over a period of time. To get rid of this gunk, you just need to use a soft toothbrush. But be careful while brushing as you would not like to brush it against the lenses.
- Now, you will need to wipe off the leftover water using a soft and clean cotton cloth. Wipe one lens at a time. Wipe it in a side to side motion. Try to apply a mild and even pressure.
- Finally, you will need to buff the lenses using a dry portion of the cotton cloth or you can also use a microfiber cloth.
- Your eyeglass is ready.
Additional Tips to Clean Glasses:
- In case of minor smudges on your glasses during the day, you can keep a soft microfiber cloth handy to wipe of dust and grim from the lenses.
- Avoid cleaning your glasses with ammonia or any other bleach-based cleaners. You should also avoid using window cleaners and vinegar as well. The reason behind this is that the chemicals present in these cleaners are likely to damage the optical coating off the lenses of your glasses.
- Also, you should not clean your glasses with the help of a cloth or paper towel. This is because such cloth or paper tends to leave behind lint. Plus, using such type of rough materials on the lenses can result in scratches on lenses.
- Prefer to purchase lenses that have anti-glare and UV protection coating on them.