When you regularly use your oven to roast, bake, grill or heat the food, it becomes dirty with spilled food and grease. You will need to clean oven racks and oven in order to take out the debris. The important thing to note is that washing it keeps it in good state for a long period of time.
If your oven racks are black in color, then cleaning them will eliminate the debris but will also let you absorb the racks debris for a few hours. This which will decrease the basic time it will take to brush away the burnt, black build-up. Read the article to learn the basic methods to clean oven racks. Cleaning is quite essential as it will keep the food hygienic and does not allow roaches to infest.
Methods to Clean Oven Racks
1.) Power Washer to Clean Oven Racks
Steps to Follow:
- If you use power washer to clean oven racks it will remove the dirt in a few minutes.
- It is easily available from the nearby stores.
- This power washer saves your time and frees you from having to clean oven racks using your bathtub, garbage bags and ammonia which you require to clean up after.
- Your power washer in hardly any time will get your oven racks clean.
- Plus, you can do all the muddy work involved in cleaning the oven, which adds to the ease.
2.) Ammonia to Clean Oven Racks
Steps to Follow:
- Any burnt food or grease can be taken out easily when you use ammonia to clean oven racks.
- Plus, this does not release foul smell like the commercial cleaners for ovens.
- The first thing you have to do is open all the windows of your house in order to become ventilated.
- Now, at one hundred degrees Fahrenheit pre-heat your oven.
- At the same time boil a pot of water on the stove and, after it becomes pre-heated turn the oven off.
- Add a half-cup of ammonia in a bowl and place it on the top oven rack.
- On the bottom rack of oven, place the pot of boiling water.
- Let both of them to rest overnight in the oven with oven door closed.
- The next day, take away the water and ammonia.
- Take out the oven racks in a sink full with soapy and warm water; rinse each rack of your oven.
- Remove away the debris with a rough sponge.
- To clean heavily soiled racks with ammonia, use garbage bags.
- Pour a half-cup of ammonia on each oven rack, and powerfully tie the bag and hang this outside for a few hours.
- Now, remove each rack and rinse these in the sink until they are shiny clean.
- Take a washcloth to rub them dry.
3.) Dish-washing Soap to Clean Oven Racks
Steps to Follow:
- From the oven, take out the racks and put them in your tub.
- Make sure you lay the oven racks on an old towel in the tub to keep it from getting spoil.
- Now, fill the tub with hot boiling water in such a way that the oven racks are immersed.
- Add some liquid dish-washing soap in it and let this immerse for a few hours.
- Now, use a brush to scrub the oven racks to clean.
- Try to add dryer sheets into the liquid mix.
- Dryer sheets sound strange but believe it or not, these help to loosen food particles and oil that are stuck on the oven racks.
- You can even use dryer sheets that come with the dryer as these will work great too.
- Once the dirt on the oven racks has been loosened, scrub the oven racks using the same dryer sheets.
- You will get clean, shiny oven racks that smell pleasant.