In this article, we will discuss how to clean walls? In case if it’s been a while that you have taken a look at your walls you may be shocked at what you find when you see. When you will take a close check you may find a lot of dirt and dust along with crayon marks and hand stains and much more. Cleaning your walls may seem like a very difficult task, but it is actually quite easy and simple. However it can be very time-consuming. Whether you’re doing your regular yearly cleaning or looking to get rid of stains, the first step in cleaning walls is to assess what type of dirt or stain you have. Below we have listed some of the methods which can help you clean walls accordingly, Follow the instruction thoroughly and carefully to get the best result.
Methods to Clean Walls
1.) Removing Dirt and Dust to Clean Walls:
- To clean dirt and dust you will need to cover your floor with some plastic sheet in order to prevent damage from excess water or spills.
- Now, with the help of your vacuum brush attachment remove all loose dirt and cobwebs. Do not push the brush onto the surface of your wall, as loose dirt and dust may smudge and leave marks on it. Let the vacuum’s suction to grab the dirt from the wall.
- Begin from the top of the wall. You will need to clean walls from the top to bottom and from side to side in sections.
- Next, you will need to fill the bucket 1/2 to 2/3 full with warm water.
- Then, add sufficient amount of detergent to form a few bubbles when you agitate the water. If you add too much soap, it will make the walls sticky which will attract more dirt.
- After that take a sponge and dip it in the water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Now, gently wipe the wall as suggested in step three.
- Finally, using a dry towel, wipe up the excess moisture as you clean walls.
2.) Removing Crayon to Clean Walls
- Take a dull knife and carefully remove excess crayon from the walls.
- Now, simply rub your wall using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or any other brand eraser. This will help get rid of crayon marks. In case you don’t have eraser, go to the next step.
- With the help of a mild detergent mixed with water, rub the crayon stains until there are no signs of crayon marks.
- Finally dry the walls using a towel.
3.) Removing Marker and Ink to Clean Walls
In case the marker is washable, wipe it using a wet paper towel or baby wipe. If not, follow these steps.
- First of all, you need to try removing the stain using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad. In case your walls are textured, you can use a strong version.
- In case it does not work, you will need to spray the stain using hairspray.
- After spraying, rub the wet spot gently using a paper towel or a rag.
- Repeat the process as it may take a few attempts. Do it gently as to protect the paint.
- If still stain remains, simply coat it using plain toothpaste. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Finally wipe it clean.
4.) Removing Coffee, Wine, & Other Beverages to Clean Walls
- Take a bucket and fill it half with warm water.
- Now, add sufficient amount of detergent to get some bubbles after the water is agitated.
- Take a cloth and soak it in the water and rub it gently on the stain. Squeeze out the excess water before you rub it on the walls.
- Then, rinse the cloth and repeat the process if needed.
- You can rub the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser over the spots if you still find marks remaining on the walls.