In this article, we will discuss how to get stains out of carpet? Getting a stain on your carpet is such a common household issue that it is bound to happen one time or the other. You may have taken every precaution to protect your expensive carpet from accidents and stains. However, you never know what is going to come next on your clean carpet. It can be a sippy cup of Kool-Aid, a drop of blood, a few ketchup drops, chocolate, glue or anything. It is beyond your control. Whenever you see a stain on the carpet, it is best that you act immediately to remove it. But that doesn’t mean that you reach for the nearest available cloth to wipe it off. There are particular methods for removing different types of stains from different types of carpet. Below we have mentioned which method is suitable for which stain and for which carpet. Follow the steps as per the instruction to get the best result.
Methods to Get Stains Out of Carpet
A.) In case of Synthetic-Fiber Rugs
Below are the steps for removing stains such as ketchup, berries, Kool-Aid, tomato sauce, Wine, coffee, chocolate, beer, milk, tea, juice, soda, hard candy, Gatorade.
- Take a white cloth or a white paper towel that has no printing. Soak it into the detergent solution and dab repetitively. Next, press the cloth on the stain for several seconds. Now, wait for about fifteen minutes as it will take time to break down the stain. Then, soak up the extra liquid using a dry white cloth.
- Now, take a cloth and soak it into the vinegar solution and dab repetitively. Next, press the cloth on the stained area for a few seconds. Then, let it sit for about fifteen minutes. This is important as white vinegar removes residual detergent, which will draw dirt if left on the carpet.
- Next, rinse the area by blotting using a cloth soaked in lukewarm water. Wait for an hour or until the carpet is completely dry. For severe spills, you can place a half inch thick stack of white paper towels on the stain after the second step. Then lay a glass of baking dish on top for about fifteen minutes.
- If you see any stain left, repeat these steps until it is completely gone.
B.) In case of Natural-Fiber Rugs
STEPS for removing stains such as coffee, tea, Beer, Ketchup, Kool-Aid, Gatorade, tomato sauce.
- Here, you will need to spray the affected area with detergent solution. After spraying, blot the stain using a dry white cloth.
- Now, spray the stained area using vinegar solution and then blot it using a dry white cloth.
- Next, spray the stain using a detergent solution and then again blot it using a dry white cloth.
- Then, spray the stain using some lukewarm water and after that blot the area with a dry white cloth.
- Repeat all the steps again until the stain is removed completely.
- It is an ideal way to get stains out of carpet.
STEPS for removing stains such as chocolate, berries, hard candy, milk, juice, wine, soda.
- Spray the affected area using detergent solution. After that blot the area with a dry white cloth.
- Now, spray the stain using an ammonia solution and then blot it with a dry cloth.
- Next, spray the stain using vinegar solution. After that blot it with a dry cloth.
- Again, spray the area using detergent solution and after that blot it with a dry cloth.
- Then, spray the area using some lukewarm water and then blot it using a dry white cloth.
- Repeat steps from 1 to 4 until the stain is removed completely.
- This is a perfect method to get stains out of carpet.