In this article, we will discuss how to get super glue off fingers? Super glue is one of those products which live up to its claims. This one of the most important tool is very useful for bonding most of the household items. But, sometimes when joining some items, it may happen that you accidentally get super glue on your fingers. And, until and unless you know the solution to get rid of this super bond of super glue, you may scrape and scrub and pull for hours but you are most likely remove as much skin as the glue. Below we have mentioned different methods that you can try to get super glue off fingers. Follow the instruction carefully to resolve the issue easily and safely.
Ways to Get Super Glue off Fingers
1.) Acetone Method to Get Super Glue off Skin
One of the most popular home remedies to get rid of the super glue from fingers. This remedy is easy and very simple to use. You just need to grab a bottle of acetone based nail polish remover and follow the instructions mentioned below.
- First, put your fingers in a bowel filled with acetone nail polish remover.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, taker your fingers out and try to scrape the glue off your fingers.
- You will find that the glue has become soft and loose. Simply scrape it.
- Repeat the process if there is any glue left on your fingers.
2.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Super Glue Off Fingers
Petroleum jelly is another fine remedy which can also be used to remove super glue off the fingers. It is one of the most inexpensive solutions to remove the super glue. You can find petroleum jelly in lip balm. You can read the label to make sure that it has petroleum jelly.
- For this method, you simply need to rub your fingers gently using the petroleum jelly for a few minutes.
- This will not only help in removing super glue sticking to your fingers, but will also help prevent any further damage.
- After wait for a few minutes before you scrape it off.
- Follow the process again if needed.
3.) Warm Compress to Remove Super Glue from Fingers
This is another very effective home remedy to get rid of super glue off the fingers. A warm compress is very useful in removing adhesive from most of the part of your skin.
- For this method, take some cotton ball or a cotton cloth and some lukewarm water.
- Now, simply soak the cloth in this warm water and apply it on the affected area of your fingers.
- Let it sit for a minute.
- Repeat this process for two or three times before washing it off with warm water.
4.) Vegetable Oil to Get Rid of Super Glue from Fingers
Applying vegetable oil can also help remove the super glue off fingers. Here is the method.
- Take some vegetable oil in a piece of clean cloth.
- Rub the soaked cloth on the affected part of your fingers.
- Wait for a few minutes before scraping it out.
- Instead of vegetable oil you can also go for baby oil or almond oil.
5.) Hand Lotion to Get Super Glue off Fingers
It is also one of the simplest methods to get Super Glue off fingers. You can go for any hand lotion that you have as most of the hand lotions have the capability to resolve the issue in certain cases.
- In this method, you need to rub the hand lotion on the affected area of your fingers. Be gentle while applying it.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- After a few minute you may observe that the super glue has become loose and is coming off easily by scraping.
- Repeat the method until you fingers are completely free from super glue.