In this article, we will guide you about the ways to make grilled cheese. A grilled cheese is a basic sandwich which is made usually with one or multiple varieties of cheese on any type of bread, like flat bread or whole wheat bread. Along with cheese, it can also be smeared with ingredient such as butter, mayonnaise or even some vegetable filling. There are many ways you can make a grilled cheese.
Most of you might be familiar with how to make a sandwich! Just take a couple of bread slices, put some sort of filling between them and grill it. Simple and easy right?
Then why is it that some sandwiches taste so awesome than others? Well, it can be because of the quality of ingredients used and their right proportions! Here we will show you how to make a grilled cheese which is quick and easy to prepare. All you need to do is make perfect balance of toasty grilled bread with just the right amount of cheese. Let us know the nutritional value of grilled cheese sandwich before we start with the recipe.
Nutrition Facts of Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Amount is Per 100 grams ( % Daily Value*)
- It has total 497 calories.
- Total Fat 25 g 38%
- Saturated fat 4.1 g 20%
- Monounsaturated fat 10 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 9 g
- Potassium 306 mg 8%
- Sodium 839 mg 34%
- Cholesterol 7 mg 2%
- Dietary fiber 3.1 g 12%
- Total Carbohydrate 58 g 19%
- Vitamin B-6 15%
- Vitamin B-12 1%
- Vitamin A 1%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Protein 10 g 20%
- Calcium 20%
- Iron 14%
- Magnesium 13%
*Per cent Daily Values are calculated based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Daily values may be lower or higher depending on one’s calorie requirement.
Recipes to Make Grilled Cheese:
1.) Recipe 1 to Make Grilled Cheese
Ingredients You Need:
- You can either go for squishy white bread, which is generally used to feed to the ducks, but a firmer, white bread is better as it holds its shape better after grilling.
- Some American cheese, the kind of which is wrapped in plastic.
- You will also require one tablespoon of soft butter for preparing sandwich. You can soften the butter either by leaving it on the counter for about ten minutes or you can keep it in the microwave for no more than 5 seconds. Softening the butter in microwave is simple and easy. It turns liquid from soli in the blink of an eye. So be careful.
Preparation to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Spread one and half teaspoons of a good softened butter on one side of each slice of your bread.
- Place one slice of bread in a non-stick frying pan. Make sure the butter side is down,.
- Spread two slices of cheese on your bread. You may want to use a lot more cheese out of temptation but don’t! This is because; too much of cheese gets out when it melts. You will be left either with all that extra cheese in the bottom of your pan or it will drip down your hand as you take a bite of your sandwich!
- Now cover the cheese bread with the other slice of bread. And, ensure that the buttered side is up.
- Turn your heat on medium setting and keep the pan on the stove.
- Now, wait till the grilled cheese sandwich turns to golden brown on the outside. For this, you will need to look occasionally using a spatula.
- After around 2 to 3 minutes, you can flip it to the other side.
- The second side will not take much time to become golden brown as the pan is already heated up.
- Take the sandwich out of the pan using a spatula and keep it on a cutting board. It will be easier to cut the sandwich in half on a cutting board while it is still hot.
- Most of the people usually cut bread with a sawing motion and a bread knife. But, if you do that to a grilled cheese it would start sliding apart. You should use a large kitchen knife to cut a grilled cheese sandwich. Cut it with one quick downward motion slicing through the sandwich.
- You can add some extra bits in your grilled cheese sandwich if you like. You can add sliced ham, Tuna salad, sliced tomato, or even crispy bacon would also work.
Things to Note:
- Preparation Time 11 to 15 minutes.
- Cooking time 11 to 15 minutes.
- Serve: 4
- Level of cooking is easy.
- Mild to taste
2.) Recipe 2 to Make Grilled Cheese
Ingredients for Grilled Cheese and Vegetable Sandwich Recipe:
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 medium potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed.
- 4 tablespoons of coriander and mint mixture.
- 1 medium green capsicum finely chopped.
- 4 tablespoons of butter.
- ½ cup of grated cheese.
- 1 large onion thinly sliced.
- 2 medium thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper powder.
Preparation to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich
1.) Firstly, mix capsicum and potatoes. Apply butter and a mixture of coriander and mint on one side of the bread slices. Now, keep slices of bread on a board and spread a thin layer of potato and capsicum mix on every slice equally.
2.) Secondly, cover the bread with onion and tomato slices and cheese. Sprinkle a sufficient amount of salt and pepper powder. Finally, cover it with the remaining slices of bread.
3.) Press the breads slightly so that all the layers get firm and even. Now, preheat the sandwich grill. Spread some butter on the exposed side of the bread slices. Grill them for approximately five minutes or till the breads turn to golden and crisp from both sides.
4.) Finally, cut the grilled sandwich with a sharp knife as suggested in first method. Serve it with tomato ketchup.
- Calories : 1344
- Carbohydrates : 160.9
- Protein : 32.9
- Fat : 63.3