In this article, we will discuss how to remove ink from clothing? An ink stain on clothing is not so hard to get rid of. However, after washing and drying the stained garment, removing stain can be very difficult. You don’t need to use your favorite shirt a rag. With the right products and stain removal items, there are chances that you can remove ink from clothing. Below we have listed some methods which can help you save your garment. And, always remember that it is better to act immediately when you have got an ink stain of your clothing. It is much easier to remove a fresh stain and much difficult to get rid of dried one.
Methods to Remove Ink from Clothing
1.) Milk to Remove Ink from Clothing
To remove ink from clothing, especially the colored one, you can use milk. Here is the method to use milk.
- For this method, you just need to soak the affected garment in milk overnight
- Wash it as usual the next day.
2.) Salt to Remove ink From Clothing
Salt is another fine ingredient which is effective against ink stain. It is easily available in your kitchen.
- Take some salt and sprinkle it on an ink stain which is still wet.
- Now, gently dab the area with a wet paper towel.
- Then remove and brush off the salt thoroughly.
- Repeat the process until the stain is completely removed.
3.) Cream of Tartar to Get Rid of Ink from Clothes
Cream of tartar is another fine ingredient to clean your shirt from ink spot. Here is the method to use it.
- In this method you will need to make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of cream of tartar in two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Cover the ink spot with this paste for about three to four hours.
- After that brush off the paste gently.
- Finally wash the shirt as normal.
4.) Hair Spray to Remove Ink from Clothing
Hair spray is also very common method used to remove ink stains from clothes. It is very simple to use this remedy.
- In this method you will need to cover the ink stain with hair spray.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Later you will find that ink mark is no more visible.
5.) Nail Polish Remover to Clean Ink from Clothes
Nail polish remover is another effective way to get rid of stubborn ink marks from your clothes. But, make sure that you use acetone based nail polish remover.
- For this method, take a cotton ball and soak it in the nail polish remover.
- Now, dab the stained area using the cotton ball.
- Once the stain is gone, wash the garment with soap and water.
6.) Rubbing Alcohol to Remove Ink from Clothing
Rubbing alcohol is easily available on most of the drugstore. It is also very useful to treat ink stain on clothes. Here is the method to use it.
- Take a sufficient amount of rubbing alcohol in a bowl.
- Soak the stain area in the bowl for a couple of minutes.
- You will notice the mark has disappeared. If not, let it soak for a few minutes more.
- Finally wash the garment as usual.
7.) Vinegar to Remove Ink from Clothing
Vinegar can also be useful if you are looking to remove ink from clothing. Here is the method.
- Saturate the ink stain with some white vinegar.
- After that, make a paste by mixing two parts of vinegar and three parts of cornstarch.
- Rub the paste on the stain and cover it entirely.
- Allow the paste to dry completely before washing it.