In this article, we will discuss how to remove fake nails. Fake or artificial nails are in trend these days. These are false and fashion nails that are an ideal way to make your nails appealing and attractive. They also serve as a perfect solution to hide your broken nails for special occasions or events. It is hard to tell the difference as these fake nails are as shiny, smooth and sophisticated as the natural nails are. Although, fake nails are easy and quick to use, but if not taken proper care it can be very difficult to remove fake nails. Below are some of the ways you can get rid of fake nails easily and safely. Follow them properly to get best results. Let us also know about different types of fake nails available.
Types of Artificial Nails:
1.) Acrylic Nails
These nails are the most popular types as they are easily available in salons. Some chemical is applied on your natural nail to stick these nails. You can shape them into the desired style and length. These are durable and look amazing. However, acrylic nails can make your natural nails to become yellow or can even cause fungal infection.
2.) Gel Nails
These nails are fixed by applying a chemical mix and setting them with the help of an Ultra Violet lamp. These are not harmful for your natural nails.
Wrap nail or wraps are usually used for repairing your broken nails or nail tips. These are used to extend and strengthen your nails tips.
Ways to Remove Fake Nails
It may be easy to put on artificial nails, but you may find it very tough to get rid of them. Most of the artificial nails can be easily removed using acetone nail polish remover. For this, you just need to put it on the side of the nails and they will move sideways or in any direction as they get loose. Let us know in detail about how to remove fake nails.
1.) Nail Polish Remover to Remove Fake Nails at Home
Fake nails such as acrylic nails are easy to remove using the ingredients such as nail polish remover, nail clipper, nail file, olive oil, moisturizing lotion, orange wood stick, nail buffer, and petroleum jelly. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, cut your fake or acrylic nails as short as possible. This will help in fast and easy removal.
- Now, take a glass bowl and fill it with acetone polish remover.
- Then, buffer and clean your fake nails from every side to remove dust and gloss.
- Now, apply a fine layer of petroleum jelly around your nail skin, especially nail bed.
- Now, soak your fingers in a bowl of acetone for 15 minutes or until the acrylic nail starts to come off.
- Then, take out your fingers and gently try to peel off the acrylic nails with the help of tweezers.
- Now, apply a sufficient amount of olive oil or cuticle oil on the fingers.
- Apply some moisturizer on your hands to prevent you skin from drying (due to the acetone).
2.) Acetone to Get Rid of Fake Nail
- Take a few cotton balls and dip them in acetone for every fingernail.
- Now, keep a cotton ball on your every fingernail.
- Then using a tin foil, cover your fingers tightly.
- Wait about half an hour at least.
- Then get rid of the foil and cotton balls.
- Take an orange wood stick and scrape off all the fake nails.
- Using a nail buffer, get rid of extra glue and make your nails smooth with nail buffer.
- Wash and pat dry your hands and massage some olive oil onto your hands.
3.) Dental Floss to Remove Fake Nails
Dental floss is another fine method to remove fake nails. But you will need to take someone’s help to perform this method.
- Make a gap in the lower edge of your fake nails using an orange wood stick.
- Now, slide the dental gloss inside the gap and let the helper hold each end of the floss.
- Afterwards, ask the helper to move the floss back and forth like a sawing motion. This will remove fake nail completely from your natural nail. Remember to do this carefully to prevent your natural nail from any damage during the process.
4.) Soapy Water to Remove Fake Nails
- Soak your fingers in soapy water for several minutes.
- This will make your artificial nail to become loose. Now, remove fake nails easily using tweezers.
- Finally, apply some olive oil after you wash and pat dry your hands.
5.) Visit Salon to Remove Fake Nails
If you are not satisfied with above mentioned techniques of getting rid of fake nails, you can get them remove by visiting salon. They know the right method to remove your fake nails without hampering your natural nails.