In this article, we will discuss the best way to take off fake nails. There are numerous ways by which you can remove your fake nails naturally at home with little pain or no pain at all. If you are thinking that fake nail removal process will take long then the good news is in less than twenty minutes you will get rid of the fake nail at home. You just need to follow the methods mentioned in this article carefully.
These methods are easy and most of the ingredients used to remove acrylic nails are present at your home only. However, it may hurt while removing acrylic nails but not too much. It is recommended to use petroleum jelly, lotion or any lubricant to your hands and fingers after you remove your acrylic nails. Do not forget to wash your hands after anyone of these procedures. Read more, to know ways to take acrylic nails off.
Top Methods to Take off Fake Nails
1. Remove Acrylic Nails with Acetone
This is one of the easy ways to take off fake nails. For this process, all you will need is a bottle of acetone, cotton balls, foil papers, nail, hot water in the bowl and a moisturiser.
Steps to Follow:
- First, trim your nails with a nail cutter as shorter as possible. The shorter will be the fake nails, it would be easy to remove them.
- Once you have trimmed your nails short, it’s time to smoothen the surface with the help of a nail file. This will help acetone to work effectively.
- Soak 10 cotton balls (for each nail in 10 fingers). After a few seconds place the soaked cotton on your fingers respectively.
- After placing the cotton ball, take a foil paper and wrap it tightly around each nail, so that the cotton ball does not move.
- If the foil paper does not stay in place you can tie a rubber band around the foil papers. Keep it for 30-40 minutes. This will help to set the acetone and the fake nails will become loose, ad it will much each easy and convenient for you to remove them later.
- After the due time remove the foil paper. With a help of the orange wood, stick pries up the acrylic nails. Scrap them off with utmost care. After scraping them, wash your hands.
- With a nail buffer or nail file smooth out the surface of the nails and make sure there is no glue left.
- Once the entire process is complete massage moisturiser or olive oil on your nails and nail bed. This will bring back the lost moisture of the nails.
- Apply a moisturiser regularly before going to the bed.
- You can use vaseline instead.
2. Take Off Acrylic Nails with Hot Water
This is another way to get acrylic nails off. For this method, you will need one large and small bowl, toothpick and warm water. To take fake nails without any damage follow allow steps with utmost care.
Steps to Follow:
- Take a bowl and pour hot water into it, since you have to dip your nails into it so water should be warm enough. It should be neither too hot not cold.
- Dip your fingers in the bowl (only nails not the fingers). Keep your nails deep in water until the fake nails start defaced and getting off from your nails.
- With a help of an orange wood stick or toothpick pry up the fake nails. While working with the orange wood stick be gentle, since the stick can hurt you ( this process has to be carried in the water itself ).
- To pry up the fake nails from your original nails , began the process from under the tip of the nails and scratch them off one by one. Meanwhile, the hot water may cool down, so replace the bowl with hot water and continue the process.
- Once you have removed all the acrylic or fake nails, brush off the extra nails from your natural nails with a nail file. It will remove all the scratches here and there and smooth out the surface of your original nail.
- Once this process is complete massage vaseline or a cuticle moisturiser on your nails and the nail bed (cuticles)
3. Dental Floss to Take Off Fake Nails
This is one of the best ways to remove acrylic nails with common household items. It will help you take off acrylic nails without acetone. However, this method is quite tedious and you will need a partner for this since it will need two hands to remove the fake nails using dental floss.
Steps to Follow:
- Place an orangewood stick or a toothpick under your fake nails and gradually pull up the bottom edge of your fake nail.
- Ask your partner to sit across, facing you. Then, he/she will slide the dental floss beneath the fake nails. Make sure that he/she hold both the end of the dental floss in both the hands respectively. Do this one by one with each fake nail.
- Once the fake nails are removed, with a nail buffer, take off the excess glue that and even your nails.
- Apply a vaseline or a moisturiser on your nails and nail bed to moisturise them. Massage it for a while
Additional Tips to Take Acrylic Nails Off:
- To remove acrylic nails you should buy a professional Acrylic Nail Remover kit from the local drugstore.
- Don’t try put acetone in a bowl made up of plastic. It will easily deteriorate and get acetone to spread everywhere.
Precautions to Get Acrylic Nails Off:
- Be gentle and careful. Your nails might damage in the “fake nail process” so don’t pull them off coldly.
- Acetone is a dangerous and volatile organic compound. It is highly flammable and its vapors can be explosive in concentrations. To take off fake nails use a good quality acetone or nail polish remover.
- Don’t attempt to take the cotton balls off too soon otherwise the nails will harden once again.
- You should also consult a nail salon if the fake nails are not coming off after repeated attempts.